I like quick meals. Anything that takes 30 minutes or less from prep to finish is perfectly fine by me. Here is how I achieve this delicious plate of food in about 30 minutes.
- Boil rice (cook rice while the sauce is cooking OR have some cooked rice beforehand to save more time)
- Chop up your favorite vegetables. The smaller the pieces, the faster it will cook. Onions, Carrots, Garlic, Sweet Peppers etc.
- Chop up chicken into small pieces. I like to use skinless, chopped chicken thighs.
- Season chicken with your favorite spices. Get creative! Thyme, oregano, sage, salt, garlic powder, maggi. Mix the spices into the meat.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. About a minute or two.
- Add about 2 pinches of salt. This will add flavor to anything you add to the oil.
- Drop your vegetables in to the pan and cook till soft or translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook for 20 till the juices run clear and there is no pink color to the meat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Taste for desired seasoning.
And its done!